Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Got The News




Looks beautiful, doesn't it? For those unfamiliar with Dr. Robert Moog's legacy, click here.

Over the course of the past several months, I've been literally dreaming about owning one someday - the classic analog Moog sound is unrivaled by anything else, period. I was very lucky to be able to get this - Sam Ash was offering a great deal, and I simply couldn't pass it up. With 20% off their already low price, 18 months with 0% financing, and a free CP-251 Control Processor, I would be stupid not to go for it. If you're ever in the greater Cleveland area and need help with synthesizers/keyboards/production equipment, be sure to talk to Rex at Sam Ash in Lyndhurst- very helpful and courteous, and really willing to go the extra mile to make his customers happy.

All plugging aside, I couldn't be happier with my new dream synth. I'm a big fan of analog sounds but until now, I've been restricted to programming Subtractor patches in Reason 4. As I become more proficient at navigating the Moog's interface, I plan on creating some incredible sounds that will make Metarract: Aero's soundtrack a true masterpiece of synthesizer programming. As I create different sounds, I may upload short demos and post them here for you all to enjoy. Stay tuned!

Thanks Bob!

No comments: