Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Beginning

Hello there everyone out in Internet land, and welcome. This is Metarract, a blog devoted to the creative process, or something like it.

Introductions? Sure!

To start, my name is Tyler Rush, and I deal with general programming and design. I've always loved creating and designing things in my younger years (which weren't that long ago, I'm only 18) and have always pondered about the more interesting things in life. Of course, lazing about all day wondering about things doesn't get you very far, so I figured I'd take this creativity and put it to use. But how to go about it? I wanted to be an inventor, but soon I realized this was not my true calling. A bit far-fetched, you might say. My thoughts were not so practical as to be used in everyday life, but rather used for entertainment I suppose. As I got older, I found video games. And as I played more and more, I realized, this was it. This is what I want to do. People enjoy video games, and it is a perfect medium to express ideas, whatever they may be. This virtual medium would be my craft.

Now of course it's not that easy, it takes a lot of learning to keep up with the world of programming, but I aim to do just that. And when it comes to designing, the same rules apply as they always generally have, the only changes are tools and trends. It makes it no less difficult, just more abstract. But with time and work, one can become almost anything.

"If your job is something you love, you'll never work a day in your life."
~Some wise person somewhere

In any case, this blog will start out with just me and Cameron, who I'm sure will introduce himself soon enough. And perhaps in time, as projects go by, and as our group grows, I may add people here. Only time will tell.

As soon as introductions are aside, we'll intro our current project and its current state, to kickstart everything nicely. And then we'll proceed to move through the creative process involved as time goes by. Though don't expect us to stay on topic...

Hope you all enjoy it.

No comments: