Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Keeping In Touch

Well today I heard my first of Cameron's work, and I must say, I am well impressed. He seems to achieve the perfect sound I'm looking for. My general position on this is that I must now make sure my game lives up to his work!

I got to hear some samples of what he's been doing with his Moog, and the sound is terrific. And with some work, it'll fit perfectly. Afterwards we went around the college to one of the piano rooms (that I had no idea existed), and we spent some time brainstorming things together, him on piano and me working on my laptop. And with both of us going at once, creativity abounded. I certainly got some ideas just from hearing some of the tunes he was putting out. It was a wonderful experience.

Now on to business. With my schedule being what it was, time was scarce, work and school was all I really could do. I would doodle in my off time, but nothing too serious (I even drew a picture of Abraham Lincoln on a slow day at work). That being said, not much headway has been made on my end, though with the college semester over my time opens once again. But another item arises. Back at deviantArt we're doing a little fun flash secret Santa thing. We all submit our topics, and someone gets them and designs something for that person. I'm participating, and obviously I don't want to be the person who doesn't give out a gift, so that'll take up some time.

In the meantime I'll be drawing pictures and making doodles of bosses and working out stage sequences in my head, logging them away for later. Work is being done, I've just got nothing to show for it!